JOIN THE EVOLUTION MARKETS TEAM
Evolution Markets is a dynamic, growing company providing unique career opportunities in energy and environmental trading markets for qualified professionals. If you are an experienced commodities broker interested in joining an industry leader with a global perspective, an award winning reputation, and a forward looking management team, we encourage you to contact us:
For Global/US opportunities at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For UK opportunities at: email@example.com
For Asian opportunities at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Broker, Natural Gas Markets (London)
Location: London, UK
Compensation Range: Commensurate with Experience
Growing Evolution Markets seeks an ambitious, hard working individual to act as a junior broker and provide trade execution support for its growing team of London brokers serving UK and European natural gas markets, as well as global liquefied natural gas (LNG) markets. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking entry into commodity markets, working with seasoned industry professionals in a dynamic work environment.
Act as broker in the execution of natural gas futures and forwards transactions, both in a fast-trading capacity and with regard to longer-term structured transactions;
Develop strong relationships with natural gas market participants, including producers, utilities, refiners, marketers, banks, and hedge funds;
Support brokers with trade execution follow-up and administration;
Assist the team in qualifying, building, and maintaining a client base of financial and energy customers;
Ensure that all daily trades are entered into required trading systems;
Review daily trade blotters and report information on a daily basis; and
Participate in ad hoc projects assisting the operation and growth of the natural gas brokerage desk.
Position Requirements/Candidate Qualifications:
2-5 years of experience in commodity or financial markets as a broker, trader, trade assistant, marketer, sales manager, or related position.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in and understanding of global energy commodity and financial markets, including markets infrastructure.
Candidate should demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills, include proficiency with relevant energy commodity trading software and data systems.
The ideal candidate will have experience with futures clearers (FCMs).
Experience with Trade Entry systems a plus.
Microsoft Excel proficiency required.
A university degree in Business, Engineering or related field is preferred.
Candidate should demonstrate the following characteristics:
Detail and results oriented;
Able to make quick and independent decisions;
A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills;
Excellent telephone manner;
An ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment; and
Work well in a tight-knit team environment
Interested parties should submit cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
# # #
ASIAN COAL MARKETS ANALYST/BROKER
Extraordinary market analyst opportunity with leading global energy and environmental commodity brokerage. Analyst will work with Evolution Markets’ award-winning global Coal Markets team, with opportunity to develop commodity brokerage skills. Preference given to candidates with markets analyst or brokerage experience in the financial services industry and have a graduate or undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics, or a related field.
- Conduct in-depth research on Asian, European, and U.S. coal markets, including analysis of commodity supply and demand and import/export markets;
- Produce timely research reports on market and regulatory developments relating to international coal trading;
- Manage the production and distribution of daily price report for global coal markets;
- Build a prospective database of market contacts, information sources, and applicable market data;
- Assist with the daily administrative duties on the Asian coal desk, including facilitating trade entry into commodity exchange platforms and internal trade confirmation system;
- Participate in training to acquire commodity brokerage skills, with eventual promotion to junior broker role; and
- Engage in ad-hoc research projects to identify and analyze new energy commodity markets.
- Self-starter who is motivated, resourceful and able to organize deliverables and priorities for optimal value-add;
- Ability to display strong communication, professional demeanor, and confidence when interacting with potential information sources, regulators, or customers;
- Ability to organize market and company research into lucid, clearly written summary reports;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
- Advanced database modeling skills is preferred;
- Fluency in Mandarin language is preferred;
- Work experience as a markets analyst, broker, or trader in the financial services or commodity industries; and
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in a related field, i.e. finance, economics, marketing, business, etc.
Interested parties should email cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #