Evolution Markets is a dynamic, growing company providing unique career opportunities in energy and environmental trading markets for qualified professionals. If you are interested in joining the industry leader in energy and environmental markets with a global perspective, an award winning reputation and a forward looking management team, we encourage you to contact us:
- For Global/US opportunities at: email@example.com
- For UK opportunities at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: New York or Houston
- Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Evolution Markets seeks an experienced individual to contribute to the firm’s growing Biofuels Desk, which brokers transactions in physical biofuels in North America, including biodiesel and ethanol. This individual would also lead the firm’s brokerage services for ethanol financial swaps, as well as structured transaction services and RINs brokerage.
- Lead Evolution Markets brokerage services in North American ethanol swap markets.
- Act as broker in the execution of biofuel transactions, both in a fast-trading capacity and with regard to longer-term structured transactions
- Counsel clients on market access strategies, including trade execution and risk management approaches to various biofuel markets
- Develop strong relationships with biofuel market participants, including refiners, marketers, blenders, banks, and hedge funds.
- Follow market developments, providing analysis and articulation of those developments to customers
- Identify and execute opportunities to expand market coverage and service offerings for biofuel markets, assist in building an industry leading brokerage desk in the sector.
- Facilitate the professional development of junior brokers, creating a strong team environment and expanding scope and size of biofuel desk.
- 5-10 years of experience in biofuel markets as a broker, trader, marketer, sales manager or related position.
- The ideal candidate will have detailed knowledge of traded ethanol swap markets, as well as biofuels RINs, market infrastructure, and biofuel commodity specifications.
- Candidate should also have a detailed knowledge of ethanol market fundamentals, including related markets (i.e. RBOB, corn) and the underlying regulatory foundation of the market (i.e. Renewable Fuel Standard).
Candidate should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Results oriented
- Team player
- Able to make quick and independent decisions
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and work well in a tight-knit team environment.