Evolution Markets is a dynamic, growing company providing unique career opportunities in energy and environmental trading markets for qualified professionals. If you are interested in joining the industry leader in energy and environmental markets with a global perspective, an award winning reputation and a forward looking management team, we encourage you to contact us:
- For Global/US opportunities at: email@example.com
- For UK opportunities at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reports to: Managing Director, Environmental Markets
- Location: White Plains, NY
- Compensation: $400/week
- Term: Flexible (May-August, 2015)
Extraordinary summer internship opportunity within leading global environmental and energy commodity brokerage. Intern will work with Evolution Markets’ award-winning Renewable Energy Markets desk. Candidates should be in the process of obtaining their graduate or undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics, environmental studies, or a related field.
- Conduct in-depth research on U.S. renewable energy and US power markets, including analysis of supply and demand and National ISO dynamics;
- Produce timely research reports on regulatory and legislative developments relating to state renewable portfolio standards and REC trading markets;
- Assist in the creation of predictive models for REC trading markets, US power systems and valuation of renewable asset classes; and
- Build a prospective database of market contacts, information sources, and applicable regulatory data.
- Self-starter who is motivated, resourceful and able to organize deliverables and priorities for optimal value-add.
- Ability to display strong communication, professional demeanor and confidence when interacting with potential information sources, regulators or customers.
- Ability to organize market and company research into lucid, clearly written summary report(s).
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Advanced, integrated online research skills.
- Educational background or current study in a related field, i.e. finance, economics, marketing, environmental science, etc.