Evolution Markets is a dynamic, growing company providing unique career opportunities in energy and environmental trading markets for qualified professionals. If you are interested in joining the industry leader in energy and environmental markets with a global perspective, an award winning reputation and a forward looking management team, we encourage you to contact us:
- For Global/US opportunities at: email@example.com
- For UK opportunities at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reports to: Director of Operations/Desk Head
- Location: New York
- Compensation Range: Commensurate with Experience
Evolution Markets seeks an ambitious, hard working individual to act as a trade assistant/operations support for its growing team of Crude Oil/Natural Gas brokers in New York. This individual will operate in a fast-paced, competitive environment for a growing interdealer broker. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking employment in the commodity markets and working with seasoned industry professionals in a dynamic setting.
- Ensure that all Daily trades are entered into required trading and proprietary systems within the required time frame.
- Review daily trade blotters and report information on a daily basis.
- 3+ years of experience in commodity markets as a trade assistant and or operations support (experience in Crude and or Natural Gas commodity markets is preferred).
- Experience with Trade Entry (ICE, CME) for block transactions required.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business is preferred.
Candidate should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Detail and results oriented,
- Team player,
- Able to make quick and independent decisions under pressure,
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, and
- Ability to thrive in an ultrafast paced entrepreneurial environment and work well on a tight-knit, competitive team.