Evolution Markets is a dynamic, growing company providing unique career opportunities in energy and environmental trading markets for qualified professionals. If you are interested in joining the industry leader in energy and environmental markets with a global perspective, an award winning reputation and a forward looking management team, we encourage you to contact us:
- For Global/US opportunities at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For UK opportunities at: email@example.com
- Reports to: Director of Crude and Natural Gas Desk
- Location: White Plains, NY
- Compensation Range: Commensurate with Experience
Evolution Markets seeks an ambitious, hard working individual to act as a junior broker and provide trade execution support for its growing team of New York brokers serving global crude oil and US natural gas markets. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking entry into commodity markets, working with seasoned industry professionals in a dynamic work environment.
- Act as broker in the execution of crude and natural gas options transactions, both in a fast-trading capacity and with regard to longer-term structured transactions;
- Develop strong relationships with crude and natural gas derivatives market participants, including producers, utilities, refiners, marketers, banks, and hedge funds;
- Support brokers with trade execution follow-up and administration;
- Assist the team in qualifying, building and maintaining a client base of financial and energy customers;
- Ensure that all Daily trades are entered into required trading systems;
- Review daily trade blotters and report information on a daily basis; and
- Participate in ad hoc projects assisting the operation and growth of the crude and natural gas brokerage desk.
- 2-5 years of experience in commodity markets as a broker, trader, trade assistant, marketer, sales manager or related position.
- NFA Series 3 registered (or willing to sit for exam within three months)
- The ideal candidate will have an interest in and understanding of global energy commodity and financial markets, including markets infrastructure.
- Candidate should demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills, include proficiency with relevant energy commodity trading software and data systems.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with futures clearers (FCMs)
- Experience with Trade Entry (ICE, CME) systems a plus.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
Candidate should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Detail and results oriented,
- Team player,
- Able to make quick and independent decisions,
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, and
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and work well in a tight-knit team environment.