Evolution Markets is a dynamic, growing company providing unique career opportunities in energy and environmental trading markets for qualified professionals. If you are interested in joining the industry leader in energy and environmental markets with a global perspective, an award winning reputation and a forward looking management team, we encourage you to contact us:
- For Global/US opportunities at: email@example.com
- For UK opportunities at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Evolution Markets seeks an experienced individual to join the firm’s London-based Carbon Options Desk. This individual would report to the head of the market’s top-rated brokerage desk, providing trade execution and structured transaction services to the firm’s global network of carbon market clients.
- Reports to: Managing Director and Head of Carbon Options Desk
- Location: London, UK
- Compensation Range: Commensurate with Experience
- Act as broker in the execution of carbon swap and options transactions, both in a fast-trading capacity and with regard to longer-term structured transactions.
- Counsel clients on market access strategies, including trade execution and risk management approaches to global carbon markets.
- Develop strong relationships with carbon option market participants, including banks, hedge funds, utilities, energy marketers, and market making firms.
- Follow market developments, providing analysis and articulation of those developments to customers.
- Identify and execute opportunities to expand market coverage and service offerings for carbon options markets, continuing to grow an industry leading brokerage desk in the sector.
- Facilitate the overall expansion of the size and scope of the desk, including identifying cross-commodity transactional opportunities for clients utilizing the firm’s other energy commodity.
- Candidate should have knowledge of commodity option markets, including transaction structures, market participants, and markets infrastructure.
- The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of global carbon markets and related energy commodity markets, such as crude, natural gas, coal, and power.
- 5+ years of experience in commodity options markets as a broker, trader, or related position.
- Active FCA introducing broker registration.
Candidate should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Results oriented,
- Team player,
- Able to make quick and independent decisions, and
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Candidate should demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills, including proficiency with relevant commodity trading software and data systems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and work well in a tight-knit team.