Evolution Markets is a dynamic, growing company providing unique career opportunities in energy and environmental trading markets for qualified professionals. If you are interested in joining the industry leader in energy and environmental markets with a global perspective, an award winning reputation and a forward looking management team, we encourage you to contact us:
- For Global/US opportunities at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For UK opportunities at: email@example.com
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the general accounting functioning and preparation of and maintenance of all financial records for the London Office. Key responsibilities will include interacting directly with management on all accounting issues.
- Preparation of Monthly Financial Statement Package including General Ledger and supporting schedules
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures with monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
- Month review of all Travel and expense reports
- Monthly Bank reconciliation and Accrual preparation
- Preparation and review of Required VAT Returns
- Perform year-end financial statements and liaise with external auditors as required.
- Knowledge and preparation of Required Regulatory reports for FCA
- Preparation and assistance in annual Budget
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3- 5 years’ experience in a related role, preferably within a financial services company
- Strong Excel Skills and proficiency
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics a Plus.
- Ability to act and operate independently
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Knowledge of Multi currency reporting.
Evolution Markets seeks an experienced individual to join the firm’s London-based Carbon Options Desk. This individual would report to the head of the market’s top-rated brokerage desk, providing trade execution and structured transaction services to the firm’s global network of carbon market clients.
- Reports to: Managing Director and Head of Carbon Options Desk
- Location: London, UK
- Compensation Range: Commensurate with Experience
- Act as broker in the execution of carbon swap and options transactions, both in a fast-trading capacity and with regard to longer-term structured transactions.
- Counsel clients on market access strategies, including trade execution and risk management approaches to global carbon markets.
- Develop strong relationships with carbon option market participants, including banks, hedge funds, utilities, energy marketers, and market making firms.
- Follow market developments, providing analysis and articulation of those developments to customers.
- Identify and execute opportunities to expand market coverage and service offerings for carbon options markets, continuing to grow an industry leading brokerage desk in the sector.
- Facilitate the overall expansion of the size and scope of the desk, including identifying cross-commodity transactional opportunities for clients utilizing the firm’s other energy commodity.
- Candidate should have knowledge of commodity option markets, including transaction structures, market participants, and markets infrastructure.
- The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of global carbon markets and related energy commodity markets, such as crude, natural gas, coal, and power.
- 5+ years of experience in commodity options markets as a broker, trader, or related position.
- Active FCA introducing broker registration.
Candidate should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Results oriented,
- Team player,
- Able to make quick and independent decisions, and
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Candidate should demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills, including proficiency with relevant commodity trading software and data systems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and work well in a tight-knit team.